Thursday, September 24, 2009

Twitter and Fanfiction

I've been on Twitter a lot recently, in both the fictional and real life worlds represented there. Though I joined Twitter at first to follow writers and celebrities that are found on the site, I was soon interested in the role-playing communities. I was especially interested in the ones based on Doctor Who, Torchwood, Harry Potter, and Star Trek, and indeed writing for the world of Doctor Who and its spin-offs. The Dresden Files and Twilight RPers sometimes cross over into the other universes, as well as the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street and Tigger. This is an opportunity to act and write stories with other fans and is a great experience overall. I started out as a Doctor Who fan in 1997 watching on PBS- first watched the Patrick Troughton serial "The Mind Robber." I watched most of the classic Who episodes and this month's Doctor Who Magazine cover subject Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor. But I'm even more of a fan of new Who and David Tennant, as well as the whole Torchwood team, who I've gotten to know very well ;) . I did enjoy the five part Torchwood "Children of Earth" 5-part miniseries. My favorite group on Twitter is the #torchwoodRP.

No comments: