Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My 2008 in Review

Heroes and Villains

The Doctor

This was a great year for Doctor Who, which had its 45th anniversary in 2008.  There were excellent seasons of Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, building on the show's legacy.  Doctor Who was #1 in the ratings for the week on British television for the first time with the series four finale, Journey's End, thanks to the fantastic David Tennant and Catherine Tate, Russell T. Davies and everyone who worked on it.  The show also won its third Hugo award for best science fiction show, and it was announced that there would be a new showrunner, Steven Moffat, and an Eleventh Doctor in 2010.  I also enjoyed the Doctor Who Magazines, action figures, books and comic books that were released and that I got in 2008.  

I started a blog, website and Flickr account this year, and met many great people through sharing photos and words on the net.  Thanks to all the visitors to my sites!   I also thank the creators of the blogs, television shows, books, games, music and movies that I've enjoyed.  I graduated from college and wrote a thesis paper about science fiction, robots, Doctor Who and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick for English Literature.  Though a lot of the US national news was not so good, we elected a new president, Barack Obama, who will take the country in a new positive direction.  So that's a wrap on 2008, and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2009!

Monika

No comments: